Saturday, November 1, 2008

my first post...

ive always wanted to do a home blog...so here goes..

to start off..i love to shop at thrift stores..and antique shops mainly because most of my finds..NONE OF MY FRIENDS HAVE IT!...i define my style as a bit modern eclectic...i have things in my home from shabby chic to very straight lined modern..my honest style is mainly defined like this...if i LOVE it...i buy it...

ill start today off with a before and after...i found this lamp at goodwill today..one of my all time favorite mass thrift stores!...


this lamp's "
plastic" wood grain was falling off..and in the store i instantly thought of a much better way to preserve this sharp modern lamp...all i would have to do is find the perfect shade...

after looking through my fabrics...i thought a better idea would be to cover the existing sheet with my favorite (big lots) wrapping paper...im in total love with this wrapping paper that i paid $1 for!...i loved it sooo much i think i bought close to 8 rolls of it....

sooooo....take a look...at my new lamp :)



this lamp will now live in my office...now to find the perfect shade :)

oh yeah..the cost of this project was...
the lamp = $6 (50% off today)
the wrapping paper = $1 a roll but i've wrapped two gifts with it already! lol i usually get 5 gifts wrapped with one roll?? so say 20cent? lol
for a grand total of $3.20!!


ill add the price of shade to the total when i find it..cute huh?



No comments: